Thursday, September 26, 2013

TWELVE - A Place to Begin - A

My life has been a journey.  Everyday I look in the mirror and I know I am the most beautiful girl in the world.  I know in that moment, in my time in my space I am, and that is mine to keep.   I have climbed mountains and I have fallen into the darkest of nights, and yet I have never been alone.   Our history and its consequences are not only what we lived but also what we remember.  When you look back, do so and smile, for every moment has a light in the darkness.   I do not go back and revisit what was, because that little girl came on the journey with me.  I didn't leave her behind in some moment in time, I found her, she found me and we have become One.  I am because we are.  We have laughed, we have cried and we have grown, together.
The mountain I saw as a child is finally just as it should be, a small hilltop.  And suddenly I realize I am home.   My long walk on the world stage has come full circle and I have returned to my beginning.  If tomorrow came again, today would be my best day.  My entire life everything I believe myself to be came from yesterday, and I would not change a thing.  I have seen so much in so little time.  I have loved and been loved and will always be the one who believes that no matter what; no regrets, just bittersweet memories.  One small road on a very long adventure does not make a life.  I am strong and I am not afraid.  I will always believe that daring to be great is better than believing that you are small.  We are all giants on the inside.

1 comment:

My Little Blue Dress

My Little Blue Dress.